MODES OF DELIVERY
- Flexible scheduling
- Free revision classes
- Interact with our graduates & alumni
- Cost-effective and increased flexibility
- Highly customized training solutions
- Available on-site or off-site
Agile Project Management is targeted for project teams working on very crucial projects. This course aims to enhance the know-how of adopting a lean perspective and applying agile principles when managing complex projects, in the perspective of the Product Owner. It is based on the Scrum methodology, which has its principles and approach deeply rooted in the Scrum Body of Knowledge (“SBOK”).
This Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC®) training course proposed involves a series of classroom sessions in which participants will be exposed to Scrum principles, processes as well as a case study. The case study approach will enable the participants to gain practical experience on how to apply the principles and processes covered in the session.
Participants of the Scrum Product Owner Training Session shall have a practical, working knowledge of Scrum that equips them be able to play the role of a product owner as they would have developed a deeper understanding of the concepts involved in, the required techniques and expected behaviour of a Product Owner in work place environments that adopt the scrum approach.
This Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC®) Training Course is usually conducted in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The program would be designed based on adult learning principles and adopt a multi-pronged learning approach that involves a range of activities during the training program. These activities include interactive facilitation; group based discussion, group presentations as well as video presentations that enhance the understanding of both the importance and advantages of adopting agile project management based on Scrum methodology.
Key course outcomes
- Recognise key aspects that relate to the Scrum Framework
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Master and Scrum Developer
- List characteristics of Agile Product Management
- Recognize the difference between known and unknown risks
- Plan for and implement Value Driven Development
- Develop Business Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Approve User Stories and Sprint Goals developed by Scrum Team
- Recognize the significance of Scrum Principles and Empiricism
- Undertake Product Backlog Management
- Develop Release Management Schedules
- Validate deliverables during Sprint Review Meeting
SMC FEATURED CLIENTS
- Introduction to Scrum Framework
- Overview on roles and responsibilities of the Product Owner, Scrum Master & Scrum Developer
- Principles of Scrum Methodology based on the Scrum Body of Knowledge SBOK™
- Value Based Prioritization
- Iterative Development
- Key Characteristics of Agility in Agile Project Management
- Value Driven Development
- The Scrum Process
- Key considerations for approval of User Stories and Sprint
- Product Backlog Management
- Development of Release Planning Schedules
- Validation of deliverables during Sprint Review
- Business Justification
- Change Management
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Case study session: considering scrum aspects during a project
FAQ & FURTHER INFORMATION
There are no formal prerequisites for this certification. Anybody working within an agile team or wanting to know more about the mechanics of an agile team is recommended to attend the session.
Below are examples of the workable Scrum / Agile templates that shall be shared with participants
- Agile Sprint Planning & Tracking Template
- Agile Scrum Cards Template
- Agile Scrum Board Template
- Scrum Project Status Report
- Life-cycle Agile Maturity Assessment Template
Evaluation of participation reaction and satisfaction shall be undertaken through the use of a Seminar Evaluation Form that will evaluate a total of:
- 10 aspects of the training based on conduct of the session;
- 4 aspects of training based on training materials; and
- 5 aspects of training based on training facilities.
A summary of the overall findings from the level 1 assessment will be submitted as part of the training report at the end of the training program.
Pre & Post Tests
Evaluation of participation level of learning and understanding of the program shall be undertaken through Pre & Post Tests that will consist of a total of 20 objective questions that will be conducted just before and just after the training program.
A level two assessment of the results of the tests undertaken will be submitted as part of the training report at the end of the training program.