Scrum Master Certification (SMC™) Training Course
Scrum Master Certified (SMC)™ professionals have a practical, working knowledge of Scrum that equips them to implement and work in a Scrum environment
NOTICE: Due to the current situation, our upcoming May 2020 Scrum Certification session is to be held as a live online instructor led session.
5 - 6 MAY 2020 (ONLINE CLASS) | 2-DAY COURSE | HRDF SBL-KHAS CLAIMABLE | ONLINE MATERIALS
MODES OF DELIVERY
- Flexible scheduling
- Free revision classes
- Interact with our PMP graduates & alumni
- Cost-effective and increased flexibility
- Highly customized training solutions
- Available on-site or off-site
We provide live virtual training classes led by our acclaimed instructors.
- Interactive platform with focus on passing the Scrum Master examination
- Go through the course at the comfort of your own home / office!
- Next session: 5 - 6 May 2020
Agile Project Management is targeted for project teams working on very crucial projects. The course aims to enhance the know-how of adopting a lean perspective and applying agile principles when managing complex projects. It is based on the Scrum methodology, which has its principles and approach deeply rooted in the Scrum Body of Knowledge (“SBOK”) that has been developed by SCRUMStudy
The agile project management course proposed involves a series of classroom sessions in which participants will be exposed to Scrum principles, processes as well as a case study. The case study approach will enable the participants to gain practical experience on how to apply the principles and processes covered in the session.
On completion of the course, all participants will be required to sit for an exam that will enable them to be certified as Scrum Master Certified (“SMC”™). All materials that they require to study in order to pass the exam will be provided two weeks prior to the start date of the course. Sharma Management International currently has a 100% passing rate for candidates who attempted the exam.
This Scrum Master Certification (SMC) Training Course usually be conducted in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The program would be designed based on adult learning principles and adopt a multi-pronged learning approach that involves a range of activities during the training program. These activities include interactive facilitation; group based discussion, group presentations as well as video presentations that enhance the understanding of both the importance and advantages of adopting agile project management based on Scrum methodology.
Key course outcomes
- Define the principles of Scrum;
- Define the agile manifesto, principles and methods;
- Differentiate between different roles within a Scrum based project;
- List agile and lean values, principles and key practices;
- Justify the adoption of Scrum principles when undertaking projects;
- Identify different roles that are carried out in adopting the Scrum methodology;
- Recognize different phases in Scrum based projects;
- List inputs, outputs and tools required for different phases in the Scrum approach;
- Identify key considerations to be made in the scalability of Scrum; and
- Apply key agile principles while managing projects through the adoption of a case study based approach.
MY SMC™ EXPERIENCE
FEATURED CLIENTS AND GRADUATES
- Overview of Scrum
- Principles of Scrum Methodology based on the Scrum Body of Knowledge SBOK™
- Empirical Process ControL
- Value Based Prioritization
- Iterative Development
- Organization Structure for Scrum
- Core Roles
- Non-Core Roles
- Scrum Master
- Scrum Product Owner
- Scrum Team
- Business Justification for the Adoption of Scrum
- Scrum Aspects: Quality
- Quality Defined
- Acceptance Criteria
- Quality Management in Scrum
- Summary of Responsibilities for Quality
- Scrum Aspects: Change
- Change in Scrum
- Integrating Change
- Change in Portfolios and Programs
- Summary of Responsibilities
- Recap of Day 1
- Scrum Aspects - Risk
- What is Risk?
- Risks vs. Issues
- Risk Attitudes
- Risk Management Procedure
- Risk Identification, Assessment, Prioritization, Mitigation, Communication
- Minimizing Risk Through Scrum
- Overview of Scrum Process
- Scrum Process: Initiate
- Create Project Vision
- Identify Scrum Master and Stakeholders
- Form Scrum Team
- Conduct Release Planning
- Scrum Process: Plan and Estimate
- Create User Stories
- Approve, Estimate and Commit User Stories
- Estimate Taks
- Create Sprint Backlog
- Scrum Process: Implement
- Crerate Delivarables
- Conduct Dailt Stand-Up Meetings
- Groom Prioratized Product Backlog
- Scrum Process: Review and Retrospect
- Convene Scrum of Scrums
- Demonstrate and Validate Spring
- Retrospect Sprint
- Scrum Process: Release
- Ship Delivarables
- Retrespect Project
FAQ & FURTHER INFORMATION
- Agile Sprint Planning & Tracking Template
- Agile Scrum Cards Template
- Agile Scrum Board Template
- Scrum Project Status Report
- Life-cycle Agile Maturity Assessment Template
Evaluation of participation reaction and satisfaction shall be undertaken through the use of a Seminar Evaluation Form that will evaluate a total of:
- 10 aspects of the training based on conduct of the session;
- 4 aspects of training based on training materials; and
- 5 aspects of training based on training facilities.
A summary of the overall findings from the level 1 assessment will be submitted as part of the training report at the end of the training program.
Pre & Post Tests
Evaluation of participation level of learning and understanding of the program shall be undertaken through Pre & Post Tests that will consist of a total of 20 objective questions that will be conducted just before and just after the training program.
A level two assessment of the results of the tests undertaken will be submitted as part of the training report at the end of the training program.