MODES OF DELIVERY
- Flexible scheduling
- Free revision classes
- Interact with our PMP graduates & alumni
- Cost-effective and increased flexibility
- Highly customized training solutions
- Available on-site or off-site
Agile Project Management is targeted for project teams working on very crucial projects. The course aims to enhance the know-how of adopting a lean perspective and applying agile principles when managing complex projects. It is based on the Scrum methodology, which has its principles and approach deeply rooted in the Scrum Body of Knowledge (“SBOK”) that has been developed by SCRUMStudy
The agile project management course proposed involves a series of classroom sessions in which participants will be exposed to Scrum principles, processes as well as a case study. The case study approach will enable the participants to gain practical experience on how to apply the principles and processes covered in the session.
On completion of the course, all participants will be required to sit for an exam that will enable them to be certified as Scrum Master Certified (“SMC”™). All materials that they require to study in order to pass the exam will be provided two weeks prior to the start date of the course. Sharma Management International currently has a 100% passing rate for candidates who attempted the exam.
This Scrum Master Certification (SMC) Training Course usually be conducted in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The program would be designed based on adult learning principles and adopt a multi-pronged learning approach that involves a range of activities during the training program. These activities include interactive facilitation; group based discussion, group presentations as well as video presentations that enhance the understanding of both the importance and advantages of adopting agile project management based on Scrum methodology
Key course outcomes
- Define the principles of Scrum;
- Define the agile manifesto, principles and methods;
- Differentiate between different roles within a Scrum based project;
- List agile and lean values, principles and key practices;
- Justify the adoption of Scrum principles when undertaking projects;
- Identify different roles that are carried out in adopting the Scrum methodology;
- Recognize different phases in Scrum based projects;
- List inputs, outputs and tools required for different phases in the Scrum approach;
- Identify key considerations to be made in the scalability of Scrum; and
- Apply key agile principles while managing projects through the adoption of a case study based approach.
MY SMC™ EXPERIENCE
FEATURED CLIENTS AND GRADUATES
- Overview of Scrum
- Principles of Scrum Methodology based on the Scrum Body of Knowledge SBOK™
- Empirical Process ControL
- Value Based Prioritization
- Iterative Development
- Organization Structure for Scrum
- Core Roles
- Non-Core Roles
- Scrum Master
- Scrum Product Owner
- Scrum Team
- Business Justification for the Adoption of Scrum
- Practice session to confirm understanding of basics of Scrum methodology
- Scrum Aspects - Quality
- Quality Defined
- Acceptance Criteria and the Prioritized Product Backlog
- Quality Management in Scrum
- Summary of Responsibilities for Quality
- Scrum aspects – Change
- Change in Scrum
- Integrating Change
- Change in Portfolios and Programs
- Summary of Responsibilities for Change
- Scrum Aspects – Risk
- What is Risk?
- Risk and Issues
- Risk Attitude
- Risk Management Procedure
- Risk Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Prioritization
- Risk Mitigation
- Risk Communication
- Minimizing Risk Through Scrum
- Summary of Responsibilities
- Practice session in applying Scrum aspects in projects
- Overview of Scrum Processes
- Create Project Vision
- Identify Scrum Master and Stakeholders
- Form Scrum Team
- Conduct Release Planning
- Plan and Estimate
- Create User Stories
- Approve, Estimate and Commit User Stories
- Estimate Tasks
- Create Sprint Backlog
- Create Deliverables
- Conduct Daily Stand-Up Meetings
- Groom Prioritized Product Backlog
- Review and Retrospect
- Convene Scrum of Scrums
- Demonstrate and Validate Sprint
- Retrospect Sprint
- Ship Deliverables
- Retrospect Project
FAQ & FURTHER INFORMATION
- Agile Sprint Planning & Tracking Template
- Agile Scrum Cards Template
- Agile Scrum Board Template
- Scrum Project Status Report
- Life-cycle Agile Maturity Assessment Template
Evaluation of participation reaction and satisfaction shall be undertaken through the use of a Seminar Evaluation Form that will evaluate a total of:
- 10 aspects of the training based on conduct of the session;
- 4 aspects of training based on training materials; and
- 5 aspects of training based on training facilities.
A summary of the overall findings from the level 1 assessment will be submitted as part of the training report at the end of the training program.
Pre & Post Tests
Evaluation of participation level of learning and understanding of the program shall be undertaken through Pre & Post Tests that will consist of a total of 20 objective questions that will be conducted just before and just after the training program.
A level two assessment of the results of the tests undertaken will be submitted as part of the training report at the end of the training program.
Dr Rumesh Kumar is a certified professional trainer, certified knowledge manager, certified project management professional, certified scrum trainer, and certified tetramap facilitator. He specializes in the areas of project management, knowledge management and organizational diagnostics.
In addition to being the Managing Director of the Sharma Management International, he is the Senior Denison Consulting Partner for Denison Consulting USA and the Regional Director for Kanzen Institute Asia Pacific.
Dr Rumesh is presently involved in undertaking post project reviews, and performance improvement in various projects, competency assessment and developing competency development programs as well as organizational culture profiling for senior managers in different organizations both in Malaysia and abroad.
Based on his extensive involvement in conducting management courses, Dr Rumesh undertook a series of post review sessions and was able to use the learning outcomes as learning points for sharing of real life management.
He has conducted training programs for many well-known and reputable organizations both in Malaysia as well as abroad. He has designed, developed as well as conducted training programs for well over 2,500 executives in numerous multinationals, government linked as well as business enterprises in the areas relating to managing people and business strategies both in Malaysia and abroad.
In addition to designing and conducting corporate level training, he also specializes in providing consulting services such as organizational diagnostic assessments, competency assessment, cultural and leadership profiling as well as continual productivity improvement.